Introduction of the ISO 5500 standard reinforces the requirement for whole of life asset management to support an organisation in achieving its objectives.
Key to this approach is
- the optimisation of asset creation including options analysis and timing of investments;
- prescription of operational process that support the appropriate operation of the asset
- timing and prioritisation of maintenance activities
- timing and approach to disposal
Guiding the decision-making around these key functions are the organisations objectives including the organisations approach to the management of risk. An effective Asset Management System incorporates a set of concise and auditable records supporting the consistent application of good asset decision-making
Merz Consulting can support with the development of effective and prudent Asset Management Systems with services such as:
- Design and implementation of full asset management systems
- Integration of corporate risk frameworks with asset management decision-making using probabilistic and statistical tools.
- Development or review of asset capacity expansion or end of life business cases
- Development of asset condition assessment tools and documentation